Basic punk. Straight up energy. Pogoing guitarist. Minimalist instrumentation with just drums and guitar. Just a jolt of Jolt.
Monthly Archives: February 2015
Rotten Apples Interview Questions (December 2011)
It took my 19 questions to get a half an hour of press. With jazz musicians, I get an hour with ten… This interview got published in all about Jazz in January 2012: http://www.allaboutjazz.com/the-rotten-apples-beach-party-at-the-orchard-keith-waters-saxophone-by-gordon-marshall.php
Rotten Apples Questions
- Let me start by asking you all who you are, where you each came from, and how you came together as a group.
- What made you realize that you clicked as a unit?
- Or DO you click as a unit?
- Tell us something about the development of your audience, and the role audience plays in your work.
- Your music seems to have the feel of being “stable in its instability.” What went on in the early years towards developing your sound?
- What has kept you together?
- Having fun and partying with the people listening to you is part of who you are as a band. How does interface with your fans affect your music?
- Tell us some stories of surprising or meaningful encounters with fans along the way.
- What makes keeping this band together rewarding for all of you?
- How do you deal with influence? Do The Rotten Apples have any?
- What types of music do each of you like?
- Is their anything you try to keep out of your music?
- How much control do you have over what you do, and how much do you leave to chance or accident? Do you tune your guitars?
- What do you think of labels and genres? Can The Rotten Apples fit under one? Will you let them?
- How serious are you?
- How does setting affect your music? Where do you like to play?
- How do your lives relate to your playing?
- Do you have a five-year plan or growth trajectory?
- Can anything destroy this band?